Primary School – Teaching/Learning Assistant (Key Stage 1)
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team from mid-January 2022 for the following position:
TEACHING / LEARNING ASSISTANT (Key Stage 1)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Classroom Teacher with teaching and learning as well as with other aspects of school life. This will involve liaising with Year Group leads, individual teachers, and the Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to ensure a dynamic, relevant, and targeted intervention programme.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- In close partnership with Year Group leads, individual teachers and SENCO identify and respond appropriately to individual differences between students.
- Present and drive learning tasks and curriculum content in a clear and stimulating manner, including phonics, literacy, numeracy, social skills and fine motors skills interventions.
- Develop secure subject knowledge and an understanding of how students learn, by observation of and with guidance from the teacher and other staff members.
- Assess students’ attainment and progress; collate, share, and present evidence.
- Create and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Participate in a wide range of extra-curricular activities, including the School’s After School Care.
Qualifications, experience, and skills required:
- A degree in a relevant subject area or qualification in Education (preferred) or currently working towards a teaching qualification in Education.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children in Mathematics and English in Key Stage 1 within a school environment.
- Experience of working within the revised English National Curriculum (2014) is preferred.
- Passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range for the Teaching / Learning Assistant is CI$24,000 to $35,000 per annum commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, January 4th, 2022
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.