Teaching / Learning Assistant (Key Stage 1) – 1122 MAT COVER
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team early January 2023 for a Short-Term, 4-month contract, to cover Maternity Leave for the following position:
TEACHING / LEARNING ASSISTANT (Key Stage 1)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Classroom Teacher with teaching and learning as well as with other aspects of school life.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing support and guidance to students to develop knowledge, skills and understanding across the curriculum.
- Present learning tasks and curriculum content in a clear and stimulating manner.
- Develop secure subject knowledge and an understanding of how students learn, by observation of and with guidance from the teacher and other staff members.
- Identify and respond appropriately to individual differences between students.
- Working alongside with the classroom teacher to assess students’ attainment and progress while assessing the data to address next steps to learning initiatives.
- Create and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Participate in a wide range of extra-curricular activities, including the School’s After School Care.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A High School Diploma or a qualification in Education or currently working towards a qualification in Education is preferable but not crucial; the interest and willingness to take part in and benefit from the school’s professional development programme towards further qualification in Education is an important characteristic of our successful candidates.
- Preferably a minimum of two years’ experience working with children at Key Stage 1 within a Primary School environment, experience working with children in Mathematics and English is an advantage.
- Experience of working within the revised English National Curriculum (2014) is preferred.
- Passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization, presentation, and time-management skills.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range for the Teaching / Learning Assistant is CI$24,500 to $36,000 per annum commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, November 24th, 2022
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.