High School – Science Technician
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing High School team in August 2022 for the following post:
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree and a minimum of three-four years’ current experience as a high school science technician. The successful applicant must have experience preparing practical examinations and coursework for the IGCSE and A-level curricula.
Preference will be given to an applicant who:
- Are familiar with UK Science curricula and specifications, including CIE International GCSEs and A Level examination.
- Possess science technician qualifications and confident with A Level Biology and Chemistry practicals.
- Have safety certifications in chemical handling, electrical safety and first-aid.
In addition to the requirements listed for the position above, the successful candidate must be:
- Willing to take responsibility for ordering supplies and ensuring labs are fully resourced.
- Willing to oversee the Health & Safety of the department.
- IT literate. VLE and SIMS experience is an advantage.
- Willing to engage with students in lessons and extracurricular activities to support learning in science.
- Willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities.
- Committed to being fully part of a team and a positive addition to staff.
- Expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching and leading in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the Science Technician is CI$35,000 – CI$46,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s salary scale. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Exceptional monetary relocation allowance on arrival
- Return airfare
- Tax free salary
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, February 4th, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.