Primary School – Teacher – Physical Education (Part-time)
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing team in August 2022 for the following PART-TIME position:
Teacher –Physical Education (Part-time)
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching Physical Education throughout Foundation Stage (Kindergarten) to Key Stage 2, as well as being responsible for assisting with the organization of sports day and other internal and external sporting activities. The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed and a minimum of three years teaching experience teaching Physical Education at the Primary School Level. The successful candidate must also have up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the new English National Curriculum 2014 and a working knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 (EYFS).
In addition to the responsibilities listed for the positions above the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs.
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff.
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners.
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies.
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the positions listed above are:
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 is essential.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the teaching position listed above is CI$46,000 – CI$59,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale; prorated based on the part-time hours worked. The part-time hours will be approximately 22 hours per week, allocated as required from Monday through Friday. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, June 7th, 2022
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.