High School – Teacher – Special Educational Needs
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
Teacher – Special Educational Needs
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom teacher with a Bachelor’s degree in Science and an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed majoring in Science or SEND. A minimum of three years current experience teaching the above subject at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 (A-Level). In addition, the successful candidate must have recent experience teaching children with special educational needs.
In addition to the requirements for the teaching position listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas and committed to achieving high academic standards
- Must have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related activities.
- Must understand character-based learning and be able to deliver using an individual learning plan for every child.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the teaching position listed above is CI$43,500 – CI$53,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, January 31st, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.