High School – Teacher – Music
The High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing High School team in August 2022 for the following position:
Teacher – Music
The successful candidate must have a degree in Music, an internationally recognized teaching qualification in Music, such as a PGCE/PGDE or a Bachelor of Education in Music and a minimum of three years current experience teaching Music at Key Stage 3, 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A Level).
In addition to the requirements for the teaching positions listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas and committed to achieving high academic standards
- Must have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related activities.
- Must understand character-based learning and be able to deliver using an individual learning plan for every child.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
- Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the teaching positions listed above is CI$46,000 – CI$59,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- A contract resigning bonus
- Exceptional monetary relocation allowance on arrival
- Return airfare
- Tax free salary
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, May 13, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.