(JOB REF #D101-23-24) Primary School – School Receptionist and Office Assistant
CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care, and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team as soon as possible for the following position at our Primary School location:
Primary School Receptionist & Office Assistant (Job Ref# D101-23-24)
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for most visitors and callers to the school and requires a positive, professional approach at all times. Tasks are varied and involve dealings with parents, students, staff, and all external stakeholders of the school. As well as covering reception this role will also be responsible for a variety of other administrative tasks and secretarial support for the Primary Leadership Team and will report to the Business Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a busy front office position.
- An Associate or college level degree in a relevant discipline is an advantage.
- Significant secretarial support experience at senior level.
- Proficiency with all MS office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- High Standard of written and spoken English.
- A record of providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to multitask, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to handle a variety of tasks and deal with multiple demanding situations at the same time.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Willingness to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
The salary range for this position is CI $32,000 – CI $42,000 per annum commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance plan – medical premium cost paid for employee at 100%
- Contribution to a pension plan
- 40 days’ vacation allowance
- Discounted school fees: first child 100% and 50% for up to 2 additional dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the school website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, September 15th, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted