Job Ref# B119 Teacher – Psychology (High School)
CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A- level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced individuals to join our high performing team in August 2023 for the following position:
Teacher – Psychology (Job Ref# B119)
The successful candidate must have a degree in Psychology, an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in Psychology. The successful candidate must have a minimum of two years’ teaching experience teaching Psychology at A Level (CIE). The Ability to teacher another subject to Key Stage 5 (A-Level) would be an advantage.
In addition to the requirements for the teaching position listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas and committed to achieving high academic standards.
- Must have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must be fully IT
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related
- Must understand character-based learning and be able to deliver using an individual learning plan for every child.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the teaching position listed above is CI$48,500 – CI$64,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Discounted school fees: first child 100% and 50% for up to 2 additional dependent children
- Annual travel allowance
- Generous medical insurance plan – medical premium cost paid for employee at 100%
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Generous school holidays
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM
(available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, June 13th, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted