(Job Ref# B102-23-24) – Teacher Mathematics (High School)
CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care, and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders, and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
Teacher – Mathematics (Job Ref# B102-23-24)
The successful candidate must have a degree in Mathematics, an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in Mathematics and a minimum of three years teaching experience teaching Mathematics at Key Stage 3, 4 (IGCSE) and 5 (A-level). The successful candidate will be expected to teach all three Key Stages and offer instruction to IGCSE and at A-level. Experience of and ability to offer Additional and Further Mathematics curricula is an advantage.
In addition to the requirements for the teaching positions listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment.
- Must have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must have experience with SIMS and be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related activities.
- Must understand character-based learning and be able to deliver using an individual learning plan for every child.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the teaching position listed above is CI$48,500.00 – CI$64,500.00 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Discounted school fees: first child 100% and 50% for up to 2 additional dependent children
- Generous medical insurance plan – medical premium cost paid for employee at 100%
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Annual travel allowance
- Generous school holidays
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, September 28th, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.