(Job Ref# B100-23-24) – Head of Faculty – Physical Education & Extra-Curricular Activities (High School)
CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care, and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced individuals to join our high performing team November 2023 or at the latest January 2024 for the following position:
Head of Faculty of Physical Education & Extra-Curricular Activities (Job Ref# B100-23-24)
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sports Science/Human Movement or equivalent, together with an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in Physical Education, Sports Science/Human Movement or equivalent. A minimum of five years’ recent experience teaching Physical Education throughout Key Stages 3, 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A Level), with a minimum of three years’ leadership experience. The successful candidate must also have proven experience in organising sporting events and a wide variety of internal and external sporting fixtures.
In addition to the requirements for Head of Faculty positions listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an exceptional professional with demonstrated leadership experience, organisation and creativity to lead a strong and talented team, working collaboratively to share best practices, resources and ideas.
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment.
- Must have recent experience and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum especially regarding the WJEC syllabus to A-level and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting, and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must have experience with SIMS and be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching and leading in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the position listed above is CI$48,500 – CI$70,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Discounted school fees: first child 100% and 50% for up to 2 additional dependent children
- Generous medical insurance plan – medical premium cost paid for employee at 100%
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Return Airfare on initial relocation
- Annual travel allowance
- Generous school holidays
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, September 22nd, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted