REF: A103 – Teacher – Key Stage 2 (with Middle Leader responsibility (3 Vacancies)
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced individuals to join our high performing team in August 2023 for the following positions:
Teacher – Key Stage 2 (with Middle Leader responsibility 3 Vacancies)
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated English National Curriculum which meets the learning needs of all students within Key Stage 2. The ability to carry Middle Leadership responsibility will be of benefit to this application; in addition to the teaching responsibility there is also the potential for Subject Lead responsibilities, including Maths, Science/STEAM and Art across the Primary School or Year Group Lead responsibilities. Subject Lead responsibilities involve leading and developing a strong and effective subject curriculum across all Key Stages and for development of the robust planning, learning, and teaching and assessment, Year Group Lead responsibilities involve leading and developing rigorous age-related academic and pastoral provision over 3 classes. The successful applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed with a minimum of three years relevant teaching experience. In addition, the successful applicant must have a minimum of two years previous leadership experience at Middle level.
Salary range for the teaching positions with middle leadership responsibilities listed above is CI$48,500 – CI$70,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Discounted school fees: first child 100% and 50% for up to 2 additional dependent children
- Annual travel allowance
- Generous medical insurance plan – medical premium cost paid for employee at 100%
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Generous school holidays
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
In addition to the responsibilities listed above for all positions the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs.
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff.
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners.
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies.
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 is essential.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, January 26th, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted