(Job Ref# A101-23-24) – After School Care Leader/ Supply Teacher and Teacher – Physical Education (Part-time) (Primary School)
CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders, and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
After School Care Leader/ Supply Teacher and Teacher –Physical Education (Part-time) (Job Ref# A101-23-24)
In the role of After School Care Leader/ Supply Teacher the successful candidate will be responsible for leading, planning and implementing the day-to-day operations of our After School Care Programme Monday through Friday from 1:15pm to 5:45pm (22.5 hours per week) during term time. Key areas of responsibility are care and safety of all students, planning and delivering imaginative and innovative activities, recording attendance, supervising all after school care staff, managing equipment and ordering supplies and provide teacher cover as and when required.
In addition to the After School Care Leader/ Supply Teacher responsibilities the successful applicant will also be responsible for teaching Physical Education part-time, up to a maximum of 15 hours per week during term time, throughout the Foundation Stage (Kindergarten) to Key Stage 2, as well as being responsible for assisting with the organization of sports day and other internal and external sporting activities.
In addition to the responsibilities listed for the position above the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs.
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff.
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners.
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies.
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, skills and experience for the position listed above:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, together with an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed.
- A minimum of three years teaching experience teaching Physical Education at the Primary School Level.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 and a working knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 (EYFS).
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the teaching position listed above is CI$46,000 – CI$59,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s salary scale; prorated based on the part-time hours worked. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter to:
Sacha Strand, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, October 2nd, 2023
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.