High School – Teacher – Psychology and Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following positions:
Teacher – Psychology and Special Educational Needs (SEN)
The successful candidate must have a degree in Psychology, an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed, and a minimum of three years teaching experience. In addition, they will be expected to have relevant SEN qualifications/experience of working with students with identified learning disabilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach A Level Psychology, as well as Mathematics at Key Stage 3 and 4 (IGCSE) level. They will also take on the roles and responsibilities of a SEN Teacher and Learning Mentor, where they will be expected to enhance student learning, by helping students in Y7 – Y11 develop more effective strategies to overcome their specific learning disabilities. The successful candidate will administer and interpret a range of baseline assessments and screening processes, such as DAR/CMAT and CAT4 and use data to set targets, plan and evidence the impact of interventions. They will help with the provision of access arrangements for internal and external exams. The successful candidate will be expected to interpret and communicate information provided by psychologists and other educational specialists to all relevant stakeholders.
In addition to the requirements for the teaching positions listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment.
- Must have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must have experience with SIMS and be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related activities.
- Must understand character-based learning and be able to deliver using an individual learning plan for every child.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the teaching positions listed above is CI$43,500 – CI$57,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, September 28th, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.