Primary School – Teacher Key Stage 2 (Mathematics Subject Leader)
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing team in January 2022 for the following post:
Teacher – Key Stage 2
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated English National Curriculum which meets the learning needs of all students within Key Stage 2. The ability to carry additional leadership responsibility as Mathematics Subject Lead will be of benefit to this application; the Mathematics Subject Leader will be responsible for leading and developing a strong and effective Mathematics curriculum across all Key Stages and for development of the robust planning, learning, and teaching and assessment. The successful applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed and a minimum of three years previous leadership experience at Middle or Senior level.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs.
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff.
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners.
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies.
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 is essential.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the positions listed above: CI$43,500 – CI$59,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, October 22nd, 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.