Primary School – Office Manager / Admissions Officer
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing Primary School team November 2021 for the following post:
Office Manager / Admissions Officer
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency within the Primary School office. The ideal candidate will also be required to lead all aspects of the Primary School admissions process.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring that all administrative tasks within the school office are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Managing and appraising the work of the Office Assistant/ Secretary within the guidelines of the school’s Professional Management and Performance procedures.
- Ensuring that the basic first aid needs of students are met, when necessary.
- Operating as the lead contact for parents seeking admission to the school, explaining and assisting with the admission processes and procedures.
- Processing admission applications to all year groups and coordinating appropriate entrance evaluations and visits.
- Responding to concerns / questions from parents and others in a helpful, timely manner, referring more-specific items to the appropriate persons.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A relevant qualification in Office Administration.
- Minimum of three to five years previous experience in office management and administration.
- Must be able to exercise complete confidentiality with respect to all matters of correspondence of communication which concern staff, parents and students.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work as well as work effectively with constant interruptions.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for this position: CI$41,500 – CI$52,500 per annum commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, October 14th, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.