Primary School: Key Stage 1 Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Teachers to join our high-performing team October 2021 for a Short-Term, 4-month contract, to cover Maternity Leave for the following positions:
Teacher – Key Stage 1
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum which meets the learning needs of all students within Key Stage 1. Transition from Early Years and an inquiry-based learning approach are key features. Along with the teaching responsibilities of this post the candidates will also have additional leadership responsibility for Year Group Leader; the Year Group Leader will be responsible for leading and developing a strong and effective team and for development of the curriculum, planning, learning and teaching and assessment.
In addition to the responsibilities listed for the position above the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs.
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff.
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners.
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies.
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed.
- A minimum of three years’ current experience teaching a British-based curriculum and a minimum of two years previous leadership experience at Middle or Senior level.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 is essential.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the position listed above: CI$43,500 – CI$57,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.