Primary School Teacher – Key Stage 2 English Subject Leader
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing Primary School team in August 2021 for the following posts:
Teacher – Key Stage 2
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated English National Curriculum which meets the learning needs of all students within Key Stage 2.
Teacher – Key Stage 2 (2 vacancies)
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated English National Curriculum which meets the learning needs of all students within Key Stage 2. Along with the teaching responsibilities of this post additional leadership responsibility may also be available for English Development Leader or Science (STEM/STEAM) Development Leader; the English Development Leader or Science Development Leader will be responsible for leading and developing a strong and effective English or Science curriculum across all Key Stages and for development of the robust planning, learning and teaching and assessment. The successful applicants must have a minimum of two to three years’ previous leadership experience at Middle or Senior level.
In addition to the responsibilities listed for the positions above the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs;
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff;
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners;
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies;
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction;
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community;
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment;
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the positions listed above are:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed;
- A minimum of three to five years’ current experience teaching a British-based curriculum;
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 is essential;
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas;
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential;
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up-to-date;
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage;
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the positions listed above: CI$43,500 – CI$63,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Primary School Teacher Key Stage 2 English Subject Leader Job Description
Primary School Teacher Application Form