Primary School – Deputy Principal
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing Primary School team in August 2022 for the following post:
The Deputy Principal reports directly to the Primary School Principal and is a member of the Primary Senior Leadership Team. Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Principal, the Deputy Principal will share in the professional leadership and management of the Primary School, in keeping with the Christian principles and ethos of the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. The Deputy Principal will be required to assist the Principal to establish a culture of high expectation while ensuring high quality education is provided for all students, continuous school improvement and ongoing staff development. In addition, the Deputy Principal will be required to undertake the professional duties of the Principal, in the absence of the Principal.
In addition to the responsibilities listed for the position above the duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the day to day educational and operational success of the Primary school.
- Leading and managing effective staff and resource allocation, including daily cover.
- Formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved.
- Monitoring standards of Learning and Teaching, Assessment and Student Progress and effectiveness of the Learning Environment and Transition practices.
- Developing and maintaining positive partnerships with parents across the school.
- Timetable construction KG to Y6.
- Ensure quality use and maximum impact of SIMS, in liaison with the Data Manager.
- Ensure the effective operation of the After School Care, School Club programme and School Trips.
- Co-ordination of maintenance and cleaning staff to ensure effective organisational and Health, Safety and Security measures.
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
- An honours university degree with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum for England 2014 (NC14) and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum.
- A minimum of six (6) years of outstanding and varied teaching practice and experience in school(s) providing NC14 and EYFS Curriculum.
- Successful experience in school, educational and/or curriculum leadership and development.
- A clear understanding of the teaching and learning processes, recent developments in education and of the factors and strategies that can impact upon student performance.
- A clear understanding and experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Knowledge and successful experience of budget preparation, management and reporting procedures and personnel leadership and management.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, communication and ICT skills.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products and Management Information Systems.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for the Deputy Principal position is CI$68,000 – CI$76,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- A contract resigning bonus
- Exceptional monetary relocation allowance on arrival
- Return airfare
- Tax free salary
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, February 4th, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.