Primary School: Teacher-Computing subject Leader
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following positions:
Teacher – Computing / Subject Leader (Primary)
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading, planning, delivery and development of an effective Computing curriculum (Revised English National Curriculum 2014) and providing Systems Support to staff in the Primary School, when required. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient use of relevant and up to date Computing resources throughout the school. The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed and a minimum of three to five years teaching experience teaching a British-based curriculum, including a minimum of two years teaching experience as a specialist Computing Teacher and/or whole school Computing / ICT Leader. The successful candidate must have up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the new English National Curriculum 2014 and a working knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 (EYFS).
In addition to the responsibilities listed for the positions above the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs.
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff.
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners.
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies.
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the positions listed above are:
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 is essential.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the positions listed above: CI$43,500 – CI$63,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.