Primary School: School Assistant
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from enthusiastic and skilled applicants to join our high-performing team August 2021 for the following post:
Reporting to the Deputy Principal and the After-School Care Leader, the candidate will be responsible for the supervision and safety of students during break, lunch and play times. The applicant will also be responsible for supporting staff and students by cleaning various areas of the property throughout the school and handling any spillages or ad hoc cleaning needs and After School Care Duties.
Key responsibilities and duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for the supervision and safety of students during play times and during After School Care.
- Ensure that any playground or classroom equipment is properly maintained and safe for children’s use. Take appropriate action to have any issues rectified.
- Adhere to the implementation of the “behavioural policy” as laid out by CPHS.
- Provide basic first aid as and when necessary and take appropriate action if further medical attention is required.
- Provide activities for the children according to the After School Care plan of events/program and work with the children in the various activities to encourage full participation.
- Attend and participate in school-based meetings and extra-curricular activities.
- Clean outdoor and indoor eating areas in preparation for, in between and after morning break and lunch time.
- Attend to any urgent or special cleaning needs that may arise.
Experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
- Good standard of general education to a minimum of CXC, IGCE or equivalent qualification, particularly in English.
- Prior experience working with young children preferably in a school environment.
- Ability to respond quickly to the needs of staff and children in a range of situations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- First Aid Qualification or willing to work towards.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the above position: CI$23,500 – CI$29,500 per annum and will commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.