Primary School: Principal
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
PRIMARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Appointed by The Board of Governors, the Primary School Principal is accountable to the Director and to the Board of Governors for ensuring the educational and operational success of the Primary School. The Principal reports directly to the Director and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team of the school. Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Director, the Principal will take responsibility for the quality of teaching and learning, ongoing self-evaluation, school improvement, curriculum development, leadership and management, staffing and day-to-day running of the school. The Principal provides guidance and direction for members of the Primary School staff and oversees the continued development and provision of a high-quality international curriculum firmly rooted in Christian principles according to the ideals of the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. The members of the Primary School’s senior leadership team report to the Primary School Principal.
For this demanding role, the successful candidate will satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- An honours university degree with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- A Master’s degree in education or an internationally recognised School Senior Leadership qualification.
- An up to date knowledge and experience of the new English National Curriculum 2014 and a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 (EYFS).
- A minimum of five (5) years as Head/Principal and ten (10) years of teaching experience in a multicultural international school providing a curriculum up to Key Stage 2.
- Significant experience in self-evaluation and school improvement planning, curriculum development and assessment.
- A proven track record of high student attainment and progress outcomes.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, decision making, organisational, communication and ICT skills.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple high priorities.
- Be quality conscious, dynamic, innovative, adaptable and results oriented.
- Fully proficient in using Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel and Management Information Systems, such as SIMS.
- Be a committed and practicing Christian.
Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range is: CI$75,000 – CI$95,000 per annum and will be commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.