High School: Head of VI Form / Key Stage 5 Coordinator
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking a fully qualified and suitably experienced individual to join our high performing High School team in August 2021 for the following post:
Head of Sixth Form / Key Stage 5 Coordinator
The Head of Sixth Form / Key Stage 5 Coordinator will be required to:
- Be the lead person for the provision of high quality sixth form education and student care.
- Contribute to leadership decisions on all aspects of policy, development, and organisation by playing a significant role in the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the School’s Improvement Plan.
- Be the lead person within the team for safeguarding and promoting student welfare.
- Liaise with parents and students regularly, with updates, concerns, and support.
- Assist the Head of Student Services and Welfare in the daily management of tutors and students ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Attend, participate and support community events.
- Support and encourage extra-curricular provision and community activities.
- Plan and deliver an induction day for all Year 12 students.
- Provide advice and support for students in careers awareness and University research, course selection through the Unifrog platform, UCAS, CommonApp, OUAC and other application portals as necessary.
- Provide support and relevant documentation for students applying for Scholarships.
- Working with The Head of Student Services and Welfare to monitor, transfer and reference documentation for new admissions and leavers.
- Work with the Scholarship Secretariat preparing students for their higher education funding.
- Develop, monitor and support a ‘Record of Achievement’ system throughout the Key Stage utilising the Unifrog platform, in conjunction with tutors and students.
- Develop an effective and impactful transition programme for all students entering Year 12.
- Deliver information evenings to middle school students at their schools to support application to CPHS Sixth Form.
- Deliver results in person on site for summer exams series cycle.
- Teach, deliver all aspects of learning and carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required (up to 60% teaching load).
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
- An honours university degree in a relevant subject area with an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE/PGDE, HDip. Ed or a Bachelor of Education.
- A minimum of five (5) years of outstanding and varied teaching practice and experience in school(s) the British Curriculum.
- A minimum of Three (3) years of experience in school educational leadership and development, preferably leading Sixth Form or as Key Stage 5 Coordinator.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum for England and Wales and in-depth and up to date knowledge and understanding of examination boards requirements.
- A clear understanding of the teaching and learning processes, recent developments in education and of the factors and strategies that can impact upon student performance.
- A clear understanding and experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- A commitment to gaining further qualifications and/or accreditation in Educational Leadership.
- Excellent organisational, communication and ICT skills.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products and Management Information Systems.
- Prior experience teaching and leading in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.