Primary School: Teaching/Learning Assistant KS1/2
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing Primary School team in August 2021 for the following post:
TEACHING / LEARNING ASSISTANT (Key Stage 1 / 2)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Classroom Teacher with teaching and learning as well as with other aspects of school life.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide support and guidance for students to develop knowledge, skills and understanding across the curriculum;
- Present learning tasks and curriculum content in a clear and stimulating manner;
- Develop secure subject knowledge and an understanding of how students learn, by observation of and with guidance from the teacher and other staff members;
- Identify and respond appropriately to individual differences between students;
- Assess students’ attainment and progress;
- Create and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community;
- Participate in a wide range of extra-curricular activities, including the School’s After School Care.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A degree or qualification in Education (preferred) or currently working towards a qualification in Education;
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children in Mathematics and English in Key Stage 2 within a school environment;
- Experience of working within the revised English National Curriculum (2014) is preferred;
- Passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas;
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage;
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range for the Teaching / Learning Assistant is CI$24,000 to $35,000 per annum commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.