High School: MFL Teacher (Spanish and French)
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing High School team in August 2021 for the following posts:
TEACHER – MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES (SPANISH & FRENCH) (2 vacancies)
The successful candidate must have a degree in Spanish, French or both, an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in Modern Foreign Languages and a minimum of two years current experience teaching both Spanish and French at Key Stage 3, 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A-Level).
In addition to the requirements for all positions listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment;
- Must have recent experience and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum especially regarding the CIE/WJEC syllabus to A-level. and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student;
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school;
- Must have experience with SIMS and other ICT software;
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related activities;
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching and leading in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the positions listed above: CI$43,500 – CI$57,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.