(JOB REF #D102-23-24) Primary School – Office Manager / Marketing Officer
CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care, and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team as soon as possible for the following position at our Primary School location:
Office Manager / Marketing Officer (Job Ref# D102-23-24)
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency within the Primary School office. The ideal candidate will also be required to support the Admissions Officer in all aspects of the Primary School admissions processes and procedures.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring that the PS Office functions seamlessly and effectively offering visitors and excellent and efficient service.
- Ensuring that all administrative tasks within the school office are carried out efficiently, effectively in a timely manner.
- Managing the PS Principal’s diary.
- Managing and appraising the work of the Office Assistant/ Secretary within the guidelines of the school’s Professional Management and Performance procedures.
- Ensuring that the basic first aid needs of students are met, when necessary.
- Assisting the Admissions Office with parents seeking admission to the school, explaining and assisting with the admission processes and procedures.
- Responding to concerns / questions from parents and others in a helpful, timely manner, referring more-specific items to the appropriate persons.
- Develop and Implement a strategic Marketing Plan with agreed messages to audiences.
- Lead the School in all aspects of marketing, branding PR and Communications.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate the website and all social media.
- Positive Brand leadership and ensure branding guidelines remain consistent with the values, ethos and objectives of the school and are met consistently across the school.
Some of the functions of role is subject to review any changes will reflect the requirements of a busy and dynamic school.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A relevant qualification in Marketing and/or Office Administration.
- Minimum of five years previous experience in a busy office management and administration environment, preferably within an education setting.
- Must be able to exercise complete confidentiality with respect to all matters of correspondence of communication which concern the running of the school including staff, parents and students.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work as well as work effectively with constant interruptions.
- The ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail and undertake tasks within restricted timeframes in high-demand areas.
- High level of computer literacy with proficiency in a range of general computer applications, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for this position: CI$45,500 – CI$56,500 per annum commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance plan – medical premium cost paid for employee at 100%
- Contribution to a pension plan
- 40 days’ vacation allowance
- Discounted school fees: first child 100% and 50% for up to 2 additional dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the school website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, September 15th, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted