IT Systems Administrator
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
IT Systems Administrator
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Leading the strategic development of IT within the whole school, ensuring technology within the classroom to support teaching and learning;
- Maintaining the School’s IT network infrastructure including switches, routing, firewalls, web-filtering and WiFi;
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, setting, directories, storage etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements;
- Managing the extensive range of IT software and hardware throughout the school;
- Perform daily system monitoring and daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed-up;
- Applying patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrading administrative tools and utilities;
- Troubleshooting and fault fixing;
- Developing and managing the annual IT budget, as well as a 3 to 5 year rolling IT budget for hardware and software;
- Managing and controlling an asset register of all IT equipment;
- Developing and maintaining technology policies, procedural manuals and checklists; including compliance with the Cayman Islands Data Protection Law;
- Developing and Maintaining the schools web page and design;
- Liaising, where necessary, with external service providers and managing service contracts;
- Management of in-house fault ticketing system;
- Supervision of IT Technician;
- Working alongside the Data and SIMS Manager to assist with any infrastructure requirements for effective running of the school information management system;
- All staff will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A first degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as an IT Systems Administrator, in an educational setting;
- Must have strong leadership skills to lead on the strategic development and management of a busy IT Department;
- Experience in developing and delivering in-house IT training;
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and fix user problems with hardware and software;
- Experience with SIMS, Microsoft server environments, web design and managing active directory;
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 user management and PowerShell scripting;
- Strong understanding of and experience with Vmware/Xen desktop, Hyper-V and ISCSI;
- Experience with image management in an environment with diverse hardware and software requirements;
- Must have the ability to work independently and efficiently to successfully manage multiple priorities;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills in order to work with a range of end users within a busy environment.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the above position: CI$53,500 – CI$73,500 per annum commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.