Human Resources and Compliance Officer
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced individuals to join our high-performing team May 2021 for the following post:
Human Resources and Compliance Officer
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources and Compliance Officer will carry out responsibilities for two key administrative areas for the whole school: Human Resources and Compliance. The main purpose of the Human Resource and Compliance Officer role will be to support the Human Resources Manager in all aspects of the Human Resources function and to ensure the School is always compliant with relevant legislation and is operating at best practice.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the key duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparing advertisements and job details for staff vacancies, as required.
- Requesting references and check thoroughly within the safer recruiter guidelines.
- Ensuring all pre-employment checks are completed in a timely manner and that files are complete, including completing verbal verification checks.
- Assisting with new staff arrival arrangements, staff orientation and onboarding process.
- Assisting with maintaining the Human Resources Information System (HRM) & Central Record Register, in keeping with the Data Protection regulations.
- Ensuring the compliance checklist for the employee file are completed and aassist with the preparation of various compliance reports.
- Responding accurately and in a timely manner to staff queries.
- Assisting with Immigration and Ministry of Education matters, including work permit and licence to teach applications and submissions.
- Ensuring confidentiality and the safeguarding of employee information, in keeping with the Data Protection regulations.
- Abiding by the ethical practice of Human Resources Personnel, ensuring integrity and trust are at the fore.
- Keeping up to date with developments in Immigration/WORC, employment legislation, human resource best practice and recruitment initiatives.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Attending and participating in staff professional development sessions, school-based meetings and extra-curricular activities as and when necessary.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of four to five years’ current experience in Human Resources in a similar position.
- Sound up to date knowledge of Immigration/WORC and employment legislation, human resources best practices and recruitment initiatives.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with an analytical approach to work.
- Fully proficient in using JobsCayman, HR Information Systems and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up-to-date.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range for this position is CI$35,000 – CI$46,000 per annum commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.