High School – Teacher – Economics and Business Studies
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care, and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking a fully qualified and suitably experienced teacher to join our high performing High School team early January 2022 (or later for the right candidate) for the following position:
Teacher – Economics and Business Studies
The successful candidate must have a degree in Economics and/or Business Studies, an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in Business Studies and/or Economics and a minimum of three years teaching experience teaching Economics / Business Studies at Key Stages 4 (IGCSE) and 5 (A-Level). Experience of teaching Year 9 Enterprise or similar would be an advantage. We use Cambridge International as our Examining body.
In addition to the requirements for the teaching position listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment.
- Must have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must understand character-based learning and be able to deliver using an individual learning plan for every child.
- Must support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is passionate about supporting professional development and has an excellent professional development programme available to employees.
Salary range for the teaching position listed above is CI$43,500 – CI$57,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale.
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan and a resigning bonus
- Exceptional relocation allowance on arrival, including return airfare
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
(Available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001 Cayman Islands
Deadline for receipt of applications: 29th October 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.