High School – History Teacher
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing High School team in August 2021 for the following post:
Teacher – Humanities (History)
The successful candidate must have a degree in History, an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in History and a minimum of three years teaching experience teaching History at Key Stage 3, 4 (IGCSE/CIE), and 5. History (A Level Pearson/Edexcel).
In addition to the requirements for the teaching position listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment.
- Must have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must have experience with SIMS and be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related activities.
- Must understand character-based learning and be able to deliver using an individual learning plan for every child.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the teaching position listed above is CI$43,500 – CI$57,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.