Primary School – Head of Academic
The position listed above will report directly to the Primary School Principal, and under the direct supervision and direction of the Principal, will share in the professional leadership and management of the Primary School, in keeping with the Christian principles and ethos of the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. The successful candidate will be part of the Primary Leadership Team.
The Head of Academic will be required to:
- Lead in Quality Assurance, Assessment and Reporting across the school, EYFS and NC14, in order to monitor, track and raise student progress and attainment.
- Lead in the strategic development of curricular, teaching and learning, assessment and inclusion policy and practice across the school, ensuring individual student needs are met through appropriate intervention and support.
- Lead on the Data Cycle process across the school to track, monitor and raise individual and group student progress, providing regular reports.
- Ensure, in direct liaison with Head of Pastoral, that the holistic development of students and their well-being is in parallel with their academic development.
- Ensure effective and consistent formative and summative assessment methods and procedures are being planned for and delivered effectively.
- Lead on the strategic leadership and overview of inclusion practice ensuring, appropriate intervention and support across the school to meet all student needs.
- Lead on the organisation and implementation of Student Reporting practices, including written reports and parent teacher consultations.
- Ensure quality use and maximum impact of SIMS, in liaison with the Data Manager.
- Ensure the educational and academic success of the Primary school.
- Provide vision and strategic direction across the school, for all matters academic.
- Formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved.
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for this position are:
- An honours university degree with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum for England 2014 (NC14) and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience academic leadership and development.
- A minimum of six (6) years of outstanding and varied teaching practice and experience in school(s) providing NC14 and EYFS Curriculum.
- Successful experience in school, educational and/or curriculum or assessment leadership and development.
- A clear understanding of the teaching and learning processes, recent developments in education and of the factors and strategies that can impact upon student performance.
- A clear understanding and experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Knowledge and successful experience of budget preparation, management and reporting procedures and personnel leadership and management.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, communication and ICT skills.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products and Management Information Systems.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the above position: CI$64,000 – CI$68,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.