High School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high performing team in the following position:
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Appointed by The Board of Governors, the High School Principal is accountable to the Director and to the Board of Governors for ensuring the educational and operational success of the High School. The Principal reports directly to the Director and is a member of the Senior Leaderships Team of the school. Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Director the Principal is responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning, ongoing self-evaluation, school improvement, curriculum development, leadership, and management, staffing and day to day running of the High School. The Principal will promote the stated ideals of the mission statement of the School and in conjunction with the Director and subject to the strategic direction and plans of the Board of the Governors implement a clear vision and strategic plan for the future of the School. The Principal should be an inspirational and highly effective leader committed to the highest standards in every area of the work of and life within and outside the School, driven by integrity and a passion for excellence. The members of the High School’s senior leadership team report to the High School Principal and through them all teaching and support staff at the High School.
Qualifications, experience, and skills required for this position:
- A committed and practicing Christian
- An honours university degree with an internationally recognized teaching qualification
- A Master’s degree in education or an internationally recognised School Senior Leadership qualification
- A minimum of five (5) years as Head/Principal/Vice Principal and ten (10) years of teaching experience in a multicultural international school providing a curriculum up to Key Stage 5
- Significant experience in self-evaluation, school improvement planning, curriculum development and assessment
- Significant experience with successful school inspections
- Significant experience with strategic planning and development of an education institution
- Excellent leadership, analytical, decision making, organizational, communication and ICT skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple high priorities
- Quality conscious, dynamic, innovative, adaptable and results oriented
- Fully proficient in using Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel and Management Information Systems, such as SIMS
Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range is CI$80,000 – CI$110,000 per annum and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- A contract resigning bonus
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year.
A job description and further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a letter of application and a detailed CV to:
Reverend Donovan Myers
Chairman, Board of Governors
Cayman Prep and High School
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: September 19th, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.