High School – Head Of Pastoral Care and Student Services
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing High School team in August 2022 for the following post:
Head of Pastoral Care and Student Services
The Head of Pastoral Care and Student Services reports to and is under the direction of the Principal and shares in the professional leadership and management of the High School. The successful candidate will be part of the High School Academic Leadership Team.
The Head of Pastoral Care and Student Services will be responsible for:
- Ensuring staff involved in the pastoral care and wellbeing of High School students are supported as needed so that the quality of the provision is first-class.
- The staffing of all pastoral activities as well as for their quality and to manage the appointment and subsequent supervision of specialist staff and outside agencies.
- Conducting annual staff reviews.
- Leading the teams of Key Stage Coordinators, Head of Years (HOYs), meeting regularly to ensure effective communication and the smooth day to day running of each year group.
- Working with HOYs to produce a development plan of priorities for Year 7 to Year 13.
- Overseeing and reporting on attendance.
- Liaising with the School Nurse regarding medical issues in Year groups 7 – 13.
- Working with the School Counsellor and the Designated Safeguarding Officer on all mental health and safeguarding concerns.
- Leading on producing welfare plans and liaising with Cayman Islands Government agencies as required.
- Working with the Learning Support department, as necessary.
- Ensuring that all students feel supported and valued and to champion inclusion and diversity in school and beyond.
- Creating, reviewing, and publishing the PSHEE programme, ensuring that teaching staff implement it effectively.
- Overseeing the EPQ Programme, Unifrog and Careers delivery.
- Overseeing the student SUPER Council.
- Working with the Principal and Key Stage Coordinators in the planning and delivery of Taster Days, information evenings at government Middle Schools, 11+ and 13+ Entrance Examinations, New students’ days, school tours and other marketing and recruitment events, as appropriate.
- Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as required with up to a 50% teaching load.
Qualifications, experience, and skills required for this position are:
- A university degree with an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed. A School Leadership qualification will be an advantage.
- A minimum of six years successful teaching experience across the secondary phase, form Key Stage 3 up to and including A Level, with a track record of consistently enabling pupils to achieve high standards.
- A minimum of four years outstanding leadership experience at senior management level.
- Possess a clear understanding of pastoral care in an international and national environment.
- A clear understanding and experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures
- Have some experience of strategic planning or of curriculum evaluation.
- Can work effectively as a member of the Academic Leadership team, to show initiative and imagination and to have the vision and the ability to inspire others.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to be radiator and relate well to people on all levels, to resolve conflicts in a sensitive manner and to encourage and motivate.
- Have first class organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure, work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Have a good working knowledge of common IT applications, with a clear understanding of the potential for IT in enabling more innovative and effective approaches to learning, teaching and school organization.
- Support the Christian ethos of CPHS and work in accordance with the school’s aims and policies.
Salary range for the Head of Pastoral Care and Student Services position is CI$64,000 – CI$70,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- A contract resigning bonus
- Exceptional monetary relocation allowance on arrival
- Return airfare
- Tax free salary
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, February 25th, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.