High School – Drama Teacher
The successful candidate must have a degree in Drama/Theatre Studies/Performing Arts, an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in Drama/Theatre Studies and a minimum of two to three years’ current experience teaching Drama/Theatre Studies at Key Stages 3, 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A-Level).
In addition to the requirements for all positions listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment;
- Must have recent experience and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum especially regarding the CIE/WJEC syllabus to A-level. and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student;
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school;
- Must have experience with SIMS and other ICT software;
- Must be willing to drive and support a wide range of school-related activities;
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching and leading in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the positions listed above: CI$43,500 – CI$57,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.