High School – Head of Subject ICT and Computer Science
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing High School team in February 2023 or April 2023 for the following position:
Head of Subject ICT and Computer Science
The successful candidate must have a degree in ICT or Computer Science and an internationally
recognized teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed. A minimum of
three years teaching experience teaching ICT and Computer Science at Key Stages 3 and 4 (IGCSE/CIE), as well the ability to teach Information Technology and Computer Science at Key Stage 5 (A Level/CIE). Must have a qualification in middle leadership and a minimum of two years’ leadership experience, leading a high performing ICT and Computer Science Department.
In addition to the requirements listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an exceptional professional with demonstrated leadership experience, organisation and
creativity to lead a strong and talented team, working collaboratively to share best practices, resources and ideas.
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment.
- Should have recent experience and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum especially regarding the Cambridge syllabus to A-level and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to
meet the learning needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting, and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must have experience with SIMS and be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for the position listed above is CI$50,000 – CI$62,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- A contract re-signing bonus
- Exceptional monetary relocation allowance on arrival
- Return airfare
- Tax free salary
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, December 15th, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.