High School: Head of Faculty – Mathematics
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following positions:
Head of Faculty of Mathematics
The successful candidate will be an experienced Head of Faculty with significant leadership experience, leading a successful and highly achieving Department. The successful candidate must have a degree in Mathematics, an internationally recognized teaching qualification such as a PGCE or a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed in Mathematics and a minimum of five years teaching experience teaching Mathematics at Key Stage 3, 4 (IGCSE) and Additional Maths (WJEC) and 5 (A Level). Applicants must have experience teaching Mathematics (WJEC) and Further Maths (WJEC) syllabi at A-level.
In addition to the requirements for Head of Faculty positions listed above, the successful candidate:
- Must be an exceptional professional with demonstrated leadership experience, organisation and creativity to lead a strong and talented team, working collaboratively to share best practices, resources and ideas.
- Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment.
- Must have recent experience and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum especially regarding the CIE/WJEC syllabus to A-level and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school.
- Must have experience with SIMS and and be fully IT literate.
- Must be willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities.
- Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience teaching and leading in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the Head of Faculty positions listed above is CI$47,500 – CI$63,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.