High School: Head of Curriculum, Learning and Teaching
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
HEAD OF CURRICULUM, LEARNING AND TEACHING
The Head of Curriculum, Learning and Teaching will report directly to the High School Principal, and under the direct supervision and direction of the Principal, will share in the professional leadership and management of the High School, in keeping with the Christian principles and ethos of the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. The successful candidate will be part of the High Senior Leadership Team.
The Head of Curriculum, Learning and Teaching will be required to:
- Cohesively develop and implement a through school curriculum for Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
- Strategically Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of curriculum planning at Whole School and Faculty level to ensure challenge and enjoyment, relevance, progression, breadth, depth, coherence and personalisation.
- Manage the development and implementation of school timetable to ensure cohesion with UK National Curriculum and to meet government guidelines.
- Develop a student learner profile fit for purpose for HS students.
- Monitor and raise standards in the quality of Learning and Teaching across the school.
- Ensure that effective transition practices are in place across the school at each transition point.
- Provide Leadership, guidance and coaching to support staff in deepening pedagogical practice, and to ensure effective differentiation to meet student readiness, interest and learner profile.
- Manage effective curriculum related and learning and teaching resource allocation.
- Ensure that educational trips and visits are in line with schemes of work, current planning and learning objectives.
- Develop and maintain curriculum guides for parents and staff.
- Ensuring the educational and operational success of the High School.
- Providing vision and strategic direction across the school.
- Formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved.
- Map and oversee all necessary preparation for accreditation and inspection.
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required (up to 50% teaching load).
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
- A university degree in a relevant subject and an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum for England and Wales and in-depth and up to date knowledge and an understanding of examination boards requirements especially regarding the CIE/WJEC/Pearson syllabi to A-level.
- A minimum of six (6) years of outstanding and varied teaching practice and experience in school(s) the British Curriculum.
- Successful experience in school, educational and/or curriculum or assessment leadership and development.
- A clear understanding of the teaching and learning processes, recent developments in education and of the factors and strategies that can impact upon student performance.
- A clear understanding and experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- A commitment to gaining further qualifications and/or accreditation in Educational Leadership.
- Knowledge and successful experience of budget preparation, management and reporting procedures and personnel leadership and management.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, communication and ICT skills.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products and Management Information Systems.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for the position listed above is: CI$ 64,000 to $68,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.