High School – Head of Assessment and Inclusion
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
Head of Assessment and Inclusion
The Head of Assessment and Inclusion will be required to:
- Develop, deliver and quality assess a whole school vision and system of assessment at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
- Strategically Lead the Data Cycle process across the school to track, monitor and raise individual and group student progress.
- Monitor student progress, ensuring that all data systems are effective and efficient.
- Ensure effective and consistent formative and summative assessment methods and procedures are being planned for and delivered effectively.
- Provide Leadership, guidance and coaching to support staff to deepen practical data-driven teaching practices.
- Strategically lead on inclusion practice ensuring appropriate intervention and support across the school.
- Strategically lead, organize and implement student reporting practices, including written reports and parent, student and teacher consultations.
- Ensure quality use and maximum impact of SIMS, in liaison with the Data Manager.
The Head of Assessment and Inclusion will report directly to the High School Principal, and under the direct supervision and direction of the Principal, will share in the professional leadership and management of the High School, in keeping with the Christian principles and ethos of the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. The successful candidate will be part of the High Senior Leadership Team.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above for the Head of Assessment and Inclusion position the duties will also include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the educational and operational success of the High School.
- Providing vision and strategic direction across the school.
- Formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved.
- Map and oversee all necessary preparation for accreditation and inspection.
- Line manage assigned Faculty staff taking them successfully through PMAP process.
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required (up to 50% teaching load).
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the Head of Assessment and Inclusion position are:
- A university degree in a relevant subject and an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed; A school based leadership qualification would be an advantage.
- A minimum of six years of outstanding and varied teaching experience in school(s) using the British Curriculum.
- A minimum of three years Senior Educational Leadership experience.
- An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum for England and Wales and in-depth and up to date knowledge and understanding of examination boards requirements.
- Successful experience with inclusion and assessment leadership and development.
- A clear understanding of the teaching and learning processes, recent developments in education and of the factors and strategies that can impact upon student performance.
- A clear understanding and experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Knowledge and successful experience of budget preparation, management and reporting procedures and personnel leadership and management.
- Excellent organisation and communication.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work independently, multitask, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products and Management Information Systems.
Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for the Head of Assessment and Inclusion position is CI$66,500 – CI$70,500 per annum commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- A contract resigning bonus
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, April 26th, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.