Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced individuals to join our high-performing team in August 2021 for the following post:
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Finance Officer will be responsible for a wide range of accounting activities within the finance department of the school. The Finance Officer will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial transactions and the production and integrity of all regular and ad hoc financial reporting.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the key duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage the tuition fee and ancillary billing processes ensuring billing is accurate and timely.
- Control Accounts Receivable by implementing procedures to ensure prompt collection of all fees and ensure process are in place for regular review of AR ledger.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function to ensure correct purchasing processes are followed and invoices are processed and paid according to internal guidelines and supplier terms.
- In conjunction with IT systems administrator, set-up and maintain the school’s Asset Register, ensuring proper processes in place to capture assets in all areas of the school.
- Assist Business Manager in configuration and presentation of annual budget.
- Assist in production of year-end financial statements to prescribed standards.
- Prepare and distribute faculty budget spend on monthly basis and liaise with Principals and staff on any related questions.
- Manage the annual ordering process for teaching and learning resources, furniture and fixtures.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Attend and participate in staff professional development sessions, school-based meetings and extra-curricular activities as and when necessary.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or Accounting qualification or working towards an Accounting qualification.
- Minimum of four to five years’ current experience in a similar position
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Debt collection experience, with the ability to be sensitive and empathetic.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with an analytical approach to work
- Experiences in using Quickbooks accounting package.
- Fully proficient in using Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up-to-date.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- High level of confidentiality.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range for this position is CI$41,500 – CI$58,500 per annum commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.