Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced individuals to join our high-performing team immediately for the following post:
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the whole school’s facilities management and premises staff to ensure the cleanliness, safety and security of the school buildings and grounds at all times. The Facilities Manager will contribute to school decisions regarding premises management and development strategies across the whole school.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the key duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Responsibility for overall security arrangements of the premises, including security alarms, key-holding and key cards.
- Ensuring cleanliness standards are high, including supervision of cleaning staff and ensuring value for contracts.
- Working with all appropriate authorities to ensure systems and premises are inspected, tested and maintained as need be.
- Drawing up maintenance schedule and setting up routine programs of work for maintenance staff, including upkeep of premises both inside and outside
- Monitoring the helpdesk and assigning tasks to maintenance staff.
- Determining when outside contractors are required and assisting in the selection of contract services.
- Responsibility for all equipment used by the facilities team, including training on proper use, provision of safety equipment and maintenance of all equipment.
- Responsibility for personal continuing self-development, as well as management and leadership of premises and facilities staff, which includes recruiting, scheduling, training, coaching and support.
- Managing all aspects of building projects and maintenance work, including monitoring and certifying that work has been done to a high standard.
- Responsibility for procurement of goods and checking of invoices, with an eye to reviewing usage and costs.
- Conducting meetings with both Business Manager and facilities team.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Five years of experience in facilities management, within an educational establishment preferred.
- Must have leadership experience leading a team.
- Must have experience with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to participate in customer / supplier relationships.
- Must have proven experience coaching and developing others.
- Ability to work under pressure and be solution driven.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Good time management and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise.
- High level of confidentiality, integrity, and honesty in all dealings.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, especially MS Word and Excel.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Must have a valid, clean driver’s licence.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
The salary range for this position is CI$46,000 – CI$68,000 per annum commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.