High School: Examinations Officer/Teacher
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Cayman Prep and High School is currently seeking fully qualified and suitably experienced individuals to join our high performing High School team in August 2021 for the following post:
Examinations Officer / Teacher
The Examination Officer is responsible for overseeing and promoting the correct, timely, efficient and effective leadership of all High School examinations in strict accordance with the regulations laid out by the examination boards and in line with the school’s internal examinations policy. In addition, the postholder undertakes a teaching load and directs the work of the Assistant Examinations Officer. The postholder will have recent experience and up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum for England and Wales especially regarding the CIE/WJEC/Pearson syllabi to A-level and have a record of precision, high achievement/value added results.
In addition to the requirements for the position listed above, the successful candidate will:
- Oversee all matters relating to all examinations, public and internal.
- Conduct timely CAT 4 assessments.
- Conduct PASS, PTS, PTM, PTE, entrance exams for the school and entrance exams as requested by overseas institutions for departing CPHS students.
- Deliver all access arrangements and schedules for exam accommodation/access administration, in line with requests of SENCO.
- Keep up to date with all examination requirements and ensure that HOFs, KS Coordinators, teachers, parents and students are aware of the relevant regulations, communicating these as required by Head of Assessment and The High School Principal.
- Oversee the preparation and admin of examination entries.
- Be present at the start and finish of designated examination sessions to check attendance in accordance with the seating plan and to collect the papers.
- Prepare and manage all timetables for internal and external examinations.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in dealing with and resolving enquiries from school staff, students, parents or the examination boards regarding any examinations held.
- Correspond with Exam Boards, uploading, entering, and overseeing all documentation.
- Fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
- A university degree in a relevant subject area with an internationally recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE/PGDE, HDip. Ed or a Bachelor of Education.
- A minimum of four years proven, outstanding teaching practice with in-depth experience of the National Curriculum of England and Wales.
- A minimum of four years recent experience in the role of Examinations Officer. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with CIE, Pearson and WJEC Boards in administering IGCSE, A-Level examinations.
- Excellent organisational, communication and ICT skills.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products and Management Information Systems.
Salary range for the position listed above is CI$47,500 – CI$63,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.