Data and SIMS Manager
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The school invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
Data and SIMS Manager
Reporting to the Director and Principals of the school, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing, developing and maintaining the school’s Management Information System (SIMS) to ensure data is secure, accurate, consistent and available across both schools.
- Working closely with the IT Systems Administrator and support team to ensure coordinated changes and updates to the school’s information system, as well as working with the Business Manager and administrative staff to ensure smooth and accurate process within SIMS for the management of admissions.
- Leading the school in setting in place processes to measure student performance, progress and attainment and to provide staff, parents and management with timely and relevant data reports to enhance standards of teaching and learning.
- Overseeing, developing and supporting the school’s VLE (Everest) across both Primary and High School.
- Ensuring and managing the smooth transition from one academic year to the next.
- Managing key modules within SIMS including Timetable (NovaT), Assessment Manager, Academic Management, Lesson Monitor, Behaviour Management, InTouch and SIMS Reporting.
- Managing the school’s online management system, ScoolsBuddy, for all extra-curricular clubs & activities, trips and events and after school care.
- Identifying and delivering appropriate SIMS and related SIMS IT training to staff, including follow up support.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications, experience and skills for this position:
- A relevant qualification in ICT/business administration, such as formal further education qualification and/or degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four years Data Management experience in a school environment.
- Experience of data input, information gathering and analysis within an educational environment in order to make sound decisions or recommendations.
- Experience of development, management and operation of Management Information Systems, in particular SIMS.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of a variety of IT applications including Excel.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy when compiling reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills including the ability to be flexible in order to achieve targets.
- Ability to produce written reports suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to form good working relationships with colleagues and external clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a positive and flexible approach to working within a busy school environment.
- Be willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities.
- Be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for the position listed above is CI$46,000 – CI$61,000 per annum commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT
APPLICATION Form (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Ms. Debra McLaughlin, Director
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, December 22nd, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted