Primary School – Additional Learning Support Needs (ALSN) Teacher
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
TEACHER – Additional Learning Support Needs (ALSN)
The successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing student learning by assisting students in developing more effective strategies to overcome their specific learning differences across the Primary Curriculum as part of the ALSN Team.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Plan and teach lessons to ensure outstanding student learning in all subject areas through individual, small group and in-class teaching methods.
- Identify effective ways of bridging barriers to learning through individual, small group and whole class teaching methods.
- Set up systems for identifying and assessing the needs of students who may have long or short-term learning difficulties.
- Oversee, monitor and review student data and records of achievement, using feedback about their learning to inform future planning.
- Share good teaching practice in ALSN across the school, also providing training opportunities for learning support colleagues and other teachers.
- Support classroom and subject teachers in order to ensure inclusion.
- Lead on the implementation and evaluation of IEPs, personal learning targets and other appropriate interventions.
- Carry out evaluations of prospective students in line with the school’s Admissions Policy.
- Liaise closely with the High School Learning Support Leader to ensure continuity of support and learning across the school.
- Work collaboratively with team members and with other specialists such as School Counsellor, Speech and Language / Occupational Therapists, Educational Psychologists, etc.
- Assist the Primary School ALSN Team Leader in the strategic development of learning support policy and provision
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate. Post Graduate qualification in Special Educational Needs would be an advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ current experience teaching a British-based curriculum.
- Experience and understanding of teaching children with learning differences such as dyscalculia, dyslexia, dysgraphia, conditions such as ADHD, autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 and UK SEND Code of Practice 2014 and/or Cayman Code of Practice
- Prior experience in a Support for Learning / Special Education Needs role.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems, such as SIMS and Microsoft office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up to date.
- Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Salary range for the position listed above is CI$46,000 – CI$60,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the school’s point salary scale. Benefits include:
- Generous medical insurance
- Contribution to a pension plan
- Discounted school fees for 2 dependent children
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities throughout the School Year
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT
APPLICATION Form (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, December 22nd, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted