Whole School: Business Manager
Cayman Prep and High School is a Christian School owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, and has a student body of over 990 students, ranging from Kindergarten through A-level on two sites: Primary and High School. The co-educational School follows a British-based international curriculum and is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and extra-curricular activities.
The Board of Governors invites applications for the position of Business Manager to join the Senior Leadership Team in February 2021.
Appointed by The Board of Governors, the Business Manager is accountable to the Director and to the Board of Governors for ensuring the effective leadership and management of all the support areas of the Schools. The Business Manager will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the non-academic operations of the School and reports directly to the Director. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team of the school the Business Manager will play a significant role in developing and delivering the schools strategic vision and development.
The Business Manager will take responsibility for the accounting and finance; facility management and development, IT infrastructure and support; administration (including admissions and marketing), compliance and commercial activities and health and safety management of the School.
For this role, the successful candidate will satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Professional accounting/finance qualifications, including CPS or ACCA or similar accounting qualifications along with at least five years relevant practise
- Five or more years relevant experience of leading on and managing school/college finance and business operations
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies, practices and compliance regulations
- Demonstrable ability to work strategically and to seek and implement creative solutions
- Inspirational leadership skills, utilised to challenge colleagues and lead a team in the allocation of work and performance management
- Demonstrable analytical thinking and business insight
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance of property and plant
- An understanding of IT infrastructure within schools
- A high level of IT expertise in the use of accounting packages (QuickBooks), Microsoft products and Management Information Systems
- Excellent organisational, communication and mathematical skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple high priorities
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines.
Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school
The salary range is: CI$68,000 – CI$90,000 per annum and will commensurate with experience. Other
benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance and airfare.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young ,people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to ,enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks